Financed: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Overall objective: To strengthen development and reform processes in planning, financial aspects and accountability of LGUs in Palestine.
- Advance municipalities interest towards the national level such as the Ministry of Local Government (MOLG), the Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF).
- Enhance municipal responsiveness to the citizens’ needs, by providing improved and needs based public services, and improve relations between citizens and official institutions.
Roles of Municipal Technical Hubs:
- To support municipalities peer to peer learning on aspects of planning and finances and build capacity by making use of good practice and innovation approaches.
- To foster policy dialogue with relevant representatives of the national government such as the MoLG by articulating and advancing interests of municipal concern.
- To foster exchange and consolidate relations with relevant national and international stakeholders for enhanced cooperation.
- To clarify roles and responsibilities of Palestinian LGUs.
- City Managers Hub.
- Financial Managers Hub.
- Planning Hub.
- Engineering Hub.